Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sometimes I Wonder Why?

So it is 2:31 in the AM, and i am doing pretty well anything but what i should be, what is that you may ask... well sleeping. Let me tell you world that all my life i have been one of those people who wake up at night. I'm not saying I go to sleep then wake up no, once I'm asleep... I'm asleep for good. But i am saying that once everyone starts to go to bed i start to think or talk or read or whatever till early into the morning. I come to regret this later when i wake up to go to class or what not but i can't help it. I always like to reflect on the day, see what i was blessed with, what i need to work on, or what i wish i would have done. So that is why i wonder why. (did that last sentence make sense, it's late)

Moving on, i know that this whole thinking or whatever till odd hours of the morning is going to be terrible on my mission. What with the whole bedtime and a time that i actually really seriously have to get up at. And if you think about it, there is going to be a ton for me to think about each night as i try and go to sleep. Well i guess I'll have a hard, awesome, sleep deprived to years. But don't most missionaries. I have a feeling the good Lord will give me a hand.

I would just like to say in closing: I don't regret the fact that i don't sleep. I love sleep but when i am all alone at night i can't help but think, and i love those times. It really helps me put things into perspective and it helps me realize where i stand at the moment. When i tell people i don't sleep i get weird looks and the same question all the time, Do you not like sleep? Well i answered that above, but i just challenge you to think about your day, and dream/imagine what is before you. (I say dream cause i hardly ever remember my dreams, but that is another topic for another blog.) Maybe don't do this at 2:30 like i always end up doing but give it a try it will tell you a lot about yourself, i think.

5 comments:

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

you're not alone. remember how i said i go downstairs to go to bed but dont go to bed for another good hour or two? ya thats pretty much why.
-rose

DalPal said...

Don't you worry one little bit about this lack of sleep on your mission. I slept like a baby every night because each day physically exhausted me. -except for those few nights with mosquitos buzzing in my ears...

Ellen Irion said...

O my I feel you on not sleeping enough, as well as it being for a good reason. In fact at this very moment i'm doing that. Late at night is when I do my best thinking i've decided.(music that speaks to the soul helps out with this) heres to hoping tonights a good one, i think it will be.

Ellen Irion said...

O my I feel you on not sleeping enough, but all for a good reason. in fact this very minute thats what i'm doing. Its kind of my favorite part of the day. Late at night is when I do my best thinking (music that speaks to the soul helps with this) heres to hoping tonights a good one, i think it will be